» niassa game reserve
» safari lodges
» Lugenda Bush Camp
Lugenda Bush Camp
Lugenda Wilderness Camp
To safari to this area is to go where few have travelled before. It is not a safari for first-timers, only interested in seeing the Big 5, it is a journey of discovery for safari pioneers to a a unique, emerging photographic safari destination. Lugenda Wilderness Camp provides visitors with the true quality of wilderness that is rare to find on safari today.
Located in the greater Niassa National Reserve in the remotest corner of northern Mozambique, Lugenda Wilderness Camp is set in one of the continent's 'last wild places'. This is the description given to the Niassa Reserve by Mike Fay, World Conservation Society conservationist, during his year-long MegaFlyover across Africa.
An elegant timber and thatched guest area is at the heart of camp and is a shady refuge from the African sun - a tranquil place to dine, to help yourself from the bar, or to read through books on the region's fascinating history. Just metres from the banks of the river, the swimming pool tempts with its cool sparkling waters whilst sun loungers and umbrellas invite you to laze for hours.
Safari Lodges Facilities / Activities
Soft drinks, bottled water, table wines, local spirits and beers.
- Whether you are a photographer, birder, naturalist, or just enjoy getting in touch with nature in its rawest form, Lugenda Wilderness Camp is sure to fulfill your expectations. Our experienced guides will take you out to explore this fascinating region and the wildlife it contains, by open safari vehicle, on foot, or a combination of both, depending on your expectations and interests. Of course part of the experience is to slow down and savour the true spirit of Mozambique's wilderness. Ask your guide to take you night-frogging or to reveal the splendour of the southern skies over Niassa National Reserve. Many guests choose to spend some of their time simply relaxing in camp.
Enquire About Lugenda Bush Camp (Click Here)
- Accommodation consists of 8 luxury East-African style tents, 6 x Kings and 2 x Twins.
- All tents have an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, ceiling fan, hair dryer, safe and wooden viewing deck.
- The tents have a concrete screed floor with individual Victorian styled deep tub and shower.
- The tents are situated underneath large wild fig trees which attract wild Elephant during the early morning and late afternoon.